Amy’s consulting expertise includes strategic planning, board development/governance work, board and staff meeting facilitation, organizational development, and resource development. Her over 30 years as a senior philanthropy professional includes work on both sides of philanthropy- as a nonprofit executive and development professional and as a corporate and foundation grant maker. Amy brings her unique experiences in both asking and giving along with strategic thinking, sensible fiscal management, effective communication and facilitation to her consulting work. Amy is also a Certified Governance Trainer with Board Source and is trained in nonprofit Board education.
Amy also teaches classes in nonprofit management including grant writing, navigating support from corporations and foundations, and board development at many universities and programs throughout the State. Prior to her current work, Amy served as Vice President and Community Affairs Manager for Wachovia Corporation from 2005-2008, covering the three-state Mid-Atlantic Region of Virginia—Virginia, Maryland, and D.C.
Amy’s consulting practice is rooted in a strong passion for the nonprofit community. All work is geared to helping a nonprofit build its organizational capacity working within a team approach of strong partnerships between board and staff. Amy combines her professional and personal experiences with best practices to help nonprofits make informed decisions and build internal processes to become stronger, more stable organizations.
- Certified Governance Trainer, Board Source
- Corporate Coach U, MSBCoach, LLC
- Certificate Corporate Community Involvement, Boston College Center for Corporate Citizenship/Community Involvement
- VHDA Grantee Training, Keynote speaker 2017
- Virginia Governor’s Statewide Conference on Volunteerism 2017
- Clear Law Institute-Webinar on Board Governance 2017
- Virginia Association of Free Clinics, Annual Conference 2016
- Virginia Association of Free Clinics Board Member Workshop 2016
- Greater Richmond Area Volunteer Association, March 2016
- CASE District III 2016 Annual Conference, Nashville, Tennessee
- Greater Richmond Area Volunteer Association, 2016
- Virginia Community Action Partnership 2016 Annual Legislative Conference
- Virginia Volunteerism Conference, 2015
- Virginia Association of Free Clinics, Executive Director Conference 2014
- CASE District III 2014 Annual Conference, Orlando, Florida
- Volunteer Hampton Roads Nonprofit Leadership Conference 2014
- Centre on Philanthropy Annual 2013 Conference, Bermuda
- Virginia Banker’s Association, 2013 Marketing Conference
- Association of Fundraising Professionals-Central Virginia Chapter and Hampton Roads Chapter
- Virginia Community College Education Foundation, 2012 Annual Conference
- Workshop for CASE, Hampton University, 2012